Look at your posture…others do!
Your local Hugo chiropractic clinic, HealthSource Chiropractic, loves looking at peoples' posture. The proper standing or sitting posture includes the following; The center of your head, middle of your shoulders, and center of your hips are all in one straight line.
Natural curves of your spine: There are three main natural curves throughout your spine that form an s-shape. Your cervical (neck), thoracic (mid-back), and lumbar (low back). When this s-shape is altered, incorrect postures may occur.
Forward Head Posture: The Anterior positioning (ears in front of the shoulders) of the cervical spine.
- This can lead to chronic pain, headaches/migraines, numbness/tingling in the arms and hands, improper breathing and even pinched nerves.
- This can cause a scoliosis, can make walking gait abnormal by placing more pressure one leg than the other.
- This can affect anyone who sits a lot. It creates weakness or inactive glutes, hamstrings, an abdominal muscles.
- This can cause postural muscles in the back to weaken and loosen.
A few tips to help correct your posture
- At night sleep on your side (pillow in between the knees) or on your back
- Avoid forward head posture by writing/typing/reading while looking forward and eye level
- Exercise regularly throughout your week
- Take a 1-2 min break when at work or school—do some stretches, if you are looking down at computer or a phone a lot during the day take some time to look up, give your neck a break!
- Come into HealthSource Chiropractic of Hugo and get regular adjustments! A combination of adjustments and proper stretches and exercise will help improve your overall posture.