Being stuck in a chair all day is now an imminent hazard on your health. We lose two hours of our life for every hour spent sitting, per Dr. James Levine, director of the Mayo Clinic-Arizona State University Obesity Solutions Initiative and inventor of the treadmill desk. Let’s compare that to smoking, which reduces your life by 11 minutes for every cigarette you finish. Sitting is decreasing our life expectancy. Let’s remedy this, shall we...
So, what do we do about it? Well, the obvious answer…MOVE more!!
- Take walks after meals
- Use 10 minutes every hour to stand up from your desk and walk around/drink some water
- During bathroom breaks, choose the one that is farthest from your desk or office and take a nice stroll
- Invest in an elevated or standing desk at work
One of the problems with sitting all day is that not even exercise can counteract the ill effects. A study by U.K. researchers found that even vigorous exercise did not reduce the risk of diabetes, heart disease and death for those who sit for long periods a day.
So how can we help reduce risk of diabetes and heart disease, along with other health conditions that just can’t seemed to be beat?
Give our Team a call at (651) 528-8254 to set up an exam and consultation with Dr. Carlson. From there, you will discover the boundaries that may be compromising your health and how the combination of therapeutic exercise and adjustments we offer, allow you to function and feel better fast!
Chiropractic Care Provides:
- Proper nervous system communication to the entire body
- Enhanced Circulation
- Reduced risk of future injury by stabilizing joints and muscles