Doctor Carlson talks about one of the most common causes of neck pain and headaches...a straight neck. Not all chiropractors will take films to see what the actual curve of your neck looks like. Make sure you check us out so we can find the underlying cause of your neck pain and or headaches.
This week I'm talking about disc injuries, specifically disc bulges or disc herniations. These are both types of injuries that we can help with through chiropractic care and therapeutic rehab. If you or someone you know is having trouble with disc injuries call into the clinic at 651-528-8254 or click this link to schedule a consultation and exam .
Hey everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season. I did this quick video to talk about why you should not use ice after an injury. Please leave any questions or comments below.
Ok, we know what you’re thinking…do I use ice or heat on my injury? How long do I leave it on for? How many times should I use it during the day? These are questions we hear a lot around the office. Quite frankly it may be confusing. Here is our answer to the question:
Both can be beneficial, but for different reasons! Here are some suggestions given by the health professionals at HealthSource Chiropractic of Hugo, to follow when using both ice and heating methods. When using either ice or heat, make sure you protect your skin by using a cloth between the source and your skin.
ICE or COLD PACKS
If a repeat session is necessary, wait until the appearance and temperature of skin is back to normal. Typically, 30-60 minutes.
If your pain continues, for more than 1-2 days, there may be an underlying issue. If that is the case, please, come into HealthSource Chiropractic of Hugo or give us a call today so we can look at any issues you may be having!
14643 Mercantile Dr. N #110
Hugo, MN 55038
For many Americans, the 8-hour workday is mostly spent sitting down, and the problem with that is sitting kills…often faster than smoking. Sitting down on the job has become the norm in today’s work environment…and we are paying the price.
Being stuck in a chair all day is now an imminent hazard on your health. We lose two hours of our life for every hour spent sitting, per Dr. James Levine, director of the Mayo Clinic-Arizona State University Obesity Solutions Initiative and inventor of the treadmill desk. Let’s compare that to smoking, which reduces your life by 11 minutes for every cigarette you finish. Sitting is decreasing our life expectancy. Let’s remedy this, shall we...
So, what do we do about it? Well, the obvious answer…MOVE more!!
One of the problems with sitting all day is that not even exercise can counteract the ill effects. A study by U.K. researchers found that even vigorous exercise did not reduce the risk of diabetes, heart disease and death for those who sit for long periods a day.
So how can we help reduce risk of diabetes and heart disease, along with other health conditions that just can’t seemed to be beat?
Give our Team a call at (651) 528-8254 to set up an exam and consultation with Dr. Carlson. From there, you will discover the boundaries that may be compromising your health and how the combination of therapeutic exercise and adjustments we offer, allow you to function and feel better fast!
Chiropractic Care Provides:
Set up an appointment today! 651-528-8254
Although millions of people around the world have experienced the benefits, there is still a lot of misconception about it. Many people visit a chiropractor because they are in pain, have poor posture, seeking injury prevention or pain relief. Our goal is to educate you on the benefits of the chiropractic adjustment, so you in turn can educate others.
21 Benefits you might not have known:
1. Improves joint mobility, function and health.
2. Makes tight muscles loose and loose muscles tight and improves the contractibility (thereby strength) of the muscle.
3. Decreases degeneration of the joint and connective tissues (arthritis).
4. Decreases the on--going inflammatory process associated with the subluxation.
5. Improves circulation taking stagnant blood out and bringing new blood in.
After you coat with seasoning make sure everything is spread out evenly on a baking sheet and toast 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown. Toss the seeds half way through to ensure even baking! Let cool and enjoy your little treat.
Subscribe to our news letter to stay up to date for more great recipes.
Also if you are interested in getting to a healthy weight for this holiday season, check out our weight loss program at Lifetime Fat Loss Centers of Hugo here.
Are these 5 mistakes, hindering you from complete pain relief?
1. Getting Half-Fixed? Partial solutions, whether it be massage, yoga, stretches and Pilates (and even the fitness center) can be NO MATCH for Progressive Rehab—our exclusive, multi-pronged approach for spine, muscles, joints and nerves...PLUS rehab and powerful home strategies for long-lasting RELIEF!
2. Giving Up Hope? Many of our patients used to think their pain was permanent because it never went away. Then they found out it wasn’t even a “head” problem at all—just referred pain from joints, muscles and nerves.
3. Trusting the Band-Aid Approach? Pills, shots and even surgery may be just temporary cover-ups. They may not deal with WHY you’re hurting in the first place...so you may be going downhill without knowing it. You may be feeling better while you’re causing permanent damage.
4. Pushing Through Pain? The only time it’s safe to push through pain is when you’re training for athletics—and even then, you’ve gotta be careful about overriding the body’s WARNING system, which is PAIN. It’s as dangerous as taking the safety guard off your lawn mower—you get by with it for a while, but you’re taking unnecessary risks.
5. Sweeping It Under the Rug? “Good things come to those that wait”...but this old saying does NOT apply to pain. You may cause permanent damage—even arthritis—by waiting too long to get help.
Looking for headache and pain relief? Contact our office at 651-528-8254
Dr. Erik Carlson
HealthSource Chiropractic of Hugo
14643 Mercantile Dr. N #110
Hugo, MN 55038
All Materials Copyright © 2014 HealthSource® Chiropractic. All Rights Reserved.
This offer does not apply to federal insurance beneficiaries, ACN or ChiroCare Participants. All patient testimonials and references, all patients took great care in strictly following the treatment program prescribed.